Saturday 28 December 2013

Linnaea Borealis Colour Scheme

After finally choosing the name Lynaea, I decided to use the meaning of her name as a means to create a colour scheme for her. 

Her name happens to derive from a flower called the Linnaea Borealis otherwise known as the Twin Flower. It's a beautiful and delicate looking flower painted in soft tones of pink which I thought I could definitely shape her personality around by researching into colour psychology. Pink and green are also complimentary colours so I'm quite confident that I'd be able to create a good balance of colours for her costume. The addition of yellow and browns might make getting the right set of colours a bit challenging but I now have something I can work with.


When researching into the colour pink, in a nutshell, theses are the main points that I found about the colour that I intend to try incorporate into my character's personality so all her design aspects including colour are all in relation to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment