Thursday 2 January 2014

Digital Character Designs

I have been developing Lynaea's design through sketchbooks, all of which will be submitted on disk. But I selected just a few designs and recreated them in digital form for my dissertation. I tried to pick a varied selection to show the different ideas and looks I considered. Through all the designs there are lots of loose clothing with a mix of fabric and leathers. I did however, try metal armour in very little but necessary areas of protection, but feel that the leather fits in better with her colour scheme.


Corsets and bustiers were considered to be a very fashionable item of clothing in the medieval era as it enhanced the woman’s natural shape, and gave the illusion of wider hips. I wanted to include the use of corsets in my designs, as it would make a good template or starting point for designing armour. I am however aware that a corset brings much attention to the chest region, therefore, I wanted to have lots of loose hanging clothing to cleverly cover areas of attention, and hide her physique while still maintaining an attractive overall look and feminine figure.

So far I really like the petal-like skirt, the short cape and neck/shoulder piece. I think my final design will definitely be a combination of all these things as I feel that together they would create the kind of shape i'm looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment