Saturday 23 November 2013

Character inspirations

Before I started with my character designs I decided to collect all kinds of inspiration and ideas. These are a couple of mood boards that I made that focus mainly on her aesthetic. 


The first mood board shows an array of clothing that I liked o inspire the costume for my character. There is a mix of modern street fashion as well as medieval, steampunk and cosplay inspirations. I was mainly looking at loose clothing that hides the figure yet maintains a feminine look as well as periodic clothing suitable for a peasant class. I also wanted to collect ideas for different skirt/dress designs that look attractive but don't restrict movement. 


 The second mood board shows a variety of hairstyle that are all tied up and braided. I thought that perhaps a tied back style would look more tidy and mature. It would also be easy to move, jump and fight without unnecessary bangs getting in the way and obstructing her eyesight. Tied hair would also give me the opportunity to perhaps look at hair accessories which would make for a nice addition to her costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment