Saturday 23 November 2013

Chosen Storyline

This is the storyline that I have vaguely put together as a result of the research and past ideas that I took a liking to.

The story is set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world in which the universe has only just recovered to a medieval and rural state. The world has entered a New Age where magic has been lost from the world due to misuse. 

The story revolves around a woman named Lynaea who endures a simple yet tragic struggle as her only child Elson has fallen ill with a mysterious and deadly disease. As a mother, she does everything in her power to provide for her child but as the illness continues to develop, she journeys out to seek help from the great world tree.  

I decided to stick to the idea of my character being a parent as I really wanted my overall story to be very relationship based, making it easy for the audience to connect with it.

I also decided to make my character a female as it would be more interesting and challenging to try create an ideal female role model for a video game as there is much talk about sexism and objectification especially regarding the costumes of female characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment