Tuesday 14 January 2014

Final Design

This is Lynaea's final design. At first, I really struggled with the realisation of her colour scheme an applying it to her costume, which is why her development was still in monochrome. I got frustrated with the digital drawings and so decided to have a go with pencils and paints.

This is her finished design that has been awfully coloured with coloured pencils but it's enough to show what I want it to. I tried to do a breakdown of her costume to better understand how they are worn and to show the full design of her costume as some of it is covered up.


The next image (Bottom Left) was just to better show the gradient of her petal-like skirt as it was difficult to properly show this through coloured pencils. I was also still on a break from the computer and wanted to continue using other mediums for my character development. 





















I did eventually pluck up the courage to attempt another digital drawing and this is what I managed. Her design changed a lot from my initial ideas, especially the hair and colours.

She originally had long pink hair which was to be tied back in a braided fashion but I settled for a short brown style. I think that shorter hairstyles are more associated with a mature look especially pixie hair cuts. It's also still tidy and presentable so I still managed to keep the initial ideas behind her hairstyle.

I also had to change her hair brown as there would have been way too much pink otherwise. I think brown hair quite nicely balances out her colour scheme as it breaks up the pink and whites as it is well distributed on her outfit (hair, gloves, corset, boots).

No comments:

Post a Comment