Friday 31 January 2014

Concept Art Collaboration

For my concept art I am going to be collaborating with Deanna Hatton. So far I have discussed a range of different ideas that I am still investigating such as animal deities.

I really like the idea of having some kind of animal influence on the costume and colour scheme of the characters and possibly exploring anthropomorphism.












This idea has been highly influenced by Egyptian mythology and the Zodiac as well as general research into the different animals that appear in the seasons. I thought that applying animal traits would make for interesting design, personality and even behavioural qualities for the characters.

There are a lot of examples of anthropomorphism being used, especially in the fantasy genre. There are also a lot of fantasy creatures that take inspiration from living animals such as the Harpie and the Manticore.
Because I have so many sources of inspiration, I am going to create a series of annotated mood boards to help get my ideas across as well as setting up dates to meet up and further discuss ideas and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment