Monday 3 December 2012

Animating

I had a lot of fun animating the characters but I got very frustrated with it for the most part. I found myself having to change and fix things such as the weight painting while I was animating which wasted a lot of time. Daryl came across a lot of problems during the rigging process anyway and had to repeat the process again and although we're all still learning I would have liked to have just got stuck into the animating rather than having to go back a few steps and fix things in order to do it. I think this will really slow down the process and I'm quite concerned because of the amount of time we have left. 


Overall though I'm pretty happy with the walk cycles I managed to achieve despite the problems. For the Elder bird Adam had to change the geometry because the weight painting was so touchy and difficult to fix for the cape so in order to make some progress we scrapped the cape and I managed to animate him efficiently. I think perhaps the arm swinging animation could do with a bit of work because I got really confused at which point the arm starts to bend which really bugged me because the arms ended up looking really robotic without it. I think I'm alright with animating but I definitely need to observe body movement and use more references next time. It was also really hard to imagine how the characters were going to move so I gave them what I believe to be a generic walk sequence but I'd have liked to add a bit more personality in the walking especially with the age difference between the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment