Tuesday 4 December 2012

Finished Environment

I'm really pleased at how the finished environment has turned out. Considering it was split between two people I think we did a great job at putting the level together.


The overall look and layout of the level looks really good I think. It has a nice logical shape to it and more importantly follows that of Daryl's initial layout and ideas for the environment.

Although I did make the walls double sided when there's no need for it to be in terms of developing a game it has the potential to be turned into a maze or labyrinth in which the play can explore.



I really love how the textures were done, nice and simple which goes hand in hand with the toony graphic style we were aiming for. One of my favourite features are the texturing shadows. I would never have thought to ask if such a thing was possible and i think the dotted shadows really give that cartoony comic feel. It also adds a point of interest and helps to fill out the plain textures by adding a little dazzle to the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment