Thursday 7 March 2013

Texturing and Lighting

The actual texture on my alien is pretty messy. I just used a bit of photoshop whiz to tile together a nice paint splat, marbled effect. However, after adding the lighting, it all came together.

I decided at add purple and blue lights because they're very atmospheric and create the kind of sharp spooky look I wanted to go for. I also wanted to go for quite a dramatic look but still keep it quite colourful.

I did play around with the colour of the eyes and originally tried yellow and where it looks with the purple I just thought the green worked better in combination of the purple and blue.













This is one of the examples I used to confirm the kind of lighting that I wanted. Pinkish highlight but mostly purple with blue and green. Looking back at my render I think I achieved that quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment