Friday 1 March 2013

UV mapping my Alien

Not going to lie, doing the collaborations did take up a lot of my time because they weren't simple to UV map whether it was bad topology, gaps or just a complex model. So when I eventually got around to doing my own it was a bit late on the project already.

My model wasn't easy to unwrap either but after doing two the problems were a little easier to work around because I had a sense of what I should be doing already. I came across similar problems which required me to do a bit of auto mapping and cos if that my texturing isn't all that smooth, in fact, it's really angular in parts. 

Although there are a lot of parts to this model, I always arrange them next to linking body parts so it's easy to recall which each part is. I did this for the guys too and I was never asked which part was which so I think my layouts are easy to read. 

Overall though I'm happy with how it came out despite the fact there are a lot of bits floating about and I forgot to move the teeth out of the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment