Monday 11 March 2013

VTR North

VTR North is a local Visual effects studio based in Leeds and Manchester. I'm interested to see how this studio will develop because after doing a bit of research into their background I found out that it's a fairly new studio. The studio in Leeds opened in 2005, and more recently, their creative post at Manchester opened in 2012. So prior to that, I'm excited to see where they go within the next few years. So far their portfolio of work is looking very promising. They've done everything from the DFS adverts you see on the TV to the amazing Fire Flight music video for the Phoenix Dance Theatre.



This video is the project that stands out the most to me that this VFX studio has worked on. It's really beautiful and more than that they use familiar software that I, as a student, use for my own projects such as Maya, Premiere Pro and After Effects. Putting the spectacular dancing aside, the visual effects for this are really captivating. The trailing fire effects are really something and slow motion sections that then explode back into real time is amazing. The ember particles are like the icing on the cake too, they really add to the atmosphere and make it look realistic.

This has inspired me to perhaps further my After Effects skills and/or carry on with this project even past the deadline because, due to some family issues I'm really behind but as far as portfolio work is concerned, I think that continuing my After Effects skills would be vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment