Sunday 31 March 2013

Oz The Great and Powerful

Oz the Great and Powerful was a surprisingly good film. I throughly enjoyed the story because it told a very different version of the very famous we all know and it did well to cover different aspect and make sense of the original movie. However, the highlights of this movie for me were two characters, the china girl and the 'good' flying monkey.


These two characters I think were executed so well and the voice acting in combination of the characters animation marry well together. The texturing and highlights on the china girl were really something and with the amount of screen time they shared they really stole the spotlight for me. As well as being well animated and wonderfully designed, the personalities of the two characters were so endearing and I can say with confidence that they made an instant connection with the audience.


Steering away from characters, the world itself was nicely designed and had some interesting concepts which I'd have expected as it was made by the same people who worked on the recent 'Alice in Wonderland'. For a computer generated world it did hold a sense of perfection which isn't really to my liking but I really liked the interactivity of the world when you first take a plunge into Oz with the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment