Friday 7 February 2014

Statement of Intent Presentation

After presenting my idea for my final project to my peers and tutor, I was surprised of how much good feedback I was given and the interest taken in my new found project. This was obviously a great start and I feel more confident to give it my all in a hope to impress as well as build a solid portfolio piece.

Some suggestions I was given were mainly about the visual narrative aspect to my environment. Although most of the visual narrative games I have looked at and have been forwarded to me have dialogue to guide the player, it was never something I really considered for my project until now. 

I feel like dialogue would be a good way to get a story going and to have the player feel like they have a purpose for being in this world. However, for time sake, it would be easier for me to do the voice acting myself but I don't feel like my voice is appropriate in terms of accent and listenability (if that's a word). There are some people I feel fit this category, easy to listen to and to understand, but they are too far away and to arrange days in the recording studio would be a hassle as well as a consumption of time I feel I need for modelling and such. 

I was also given the suggestion of splitting up each of the seasons into different levels. I think this is a great idea but at the same time, I really liked the idea of linked them all up with a slow transition into the next season.

After the Q & A with my peers and tutor I also walked away with a list of games that everyone seems to feel would be beneficial for me to look into. So, I will do a blog post in the near future about some of these sources given to me. 

Here is a short list of some recommended materials for me to research...

Games:

Dear Esther
Gone Home
The Witness
Proteus

Films:

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring (Korean Film)

No comments:

Post a Comment