Saturday 15 March 2014

Bambi Concept


Based on the fantasy mood board, I came up with the idea of using the centaur shape but using different animals relevant to my woodland environment. So I came up with the 'Bambi Concept'.


Again to provide my concept artist with reference, I put together a mood board with a range of dynamic poses from standing to jumping and some anatomy reference. Interestingly, I found a really nice image of how the horns develop with age and I thought that would be a very interesting thing to explore.













Now, on the left is the initial sketch that Deanna did when the idea came about and it was then taken further and re-created in photoshop.

(This is sadly a very small file format because there are issues regarding the resolution Deanna is able to work on at home which we are currently trying to resolve). 

That aside, these are just mere thumbnails if you will, I order to get the idea across with both shape and colouration. As you can see, this is currently an autumn concept and although it certainly appears to be in the form of a woman I think I'm wanting to keep my characters androgynous because they are Gods after all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment