Tuesday 18 March 2014

Primary Research: Troller's Gill

Troller's Gill was the second locations I was kindly taken to for some more photographs to add to my primary research and to gather inspiration for my environment. Once again, I apologise for the blurry pictures. I actually have a really goof camera phone but for some reason it was struggling to focus on the day I went out and the weather didn't help either.


This is the main picture tat I really like of Troller's Gill that I would really like to possibly recreate in my own way because I have an idea of having a cavern in my environment so this picture would be a great transition from the woodland into the cave. Also all the trees growing out of the rock face is another interesting way to keep that woodland area going to subtly help the transition into different areas. 

The images of the shear rock face along with the photos taken at Almscliff Crag will be very useful in terms of creating the cavern and the cliff edges and they also serve as very valuable references for textures. 






On the walk to Troller's Gill I waked along the rivers edge and got some great photos of foliage, various terrain as well as the river itself. It was really nice to look a different surfaces because it really help in terms of my level design and keeping the level interesting to explore with different terrain and footing to be considered. Also actually finding some trees that has some kind of foliage and green growing on them is really difficult at this time of year so I was really fortunate in that sense too.























No comments:

Post a Comment