Sunday 14 October 2012

Error. Originality Lost.


For the group project we wanted to contribute where we could however we did still distribute roles between us. For the concept art, me and Adam chose to be in charge of a character each and Daryl had the environment. 

The idea we settled with was for the Stolen theme and we were going for an 'Indiana Jones take the relic' idea. So naturally, we went for a cliché confident and self loving character who is out to impress a girl who he stumbled across in the wilderness. Despite all this, the new 'Jungle Jane' was reluctant to co-operate and was quite a grumpy little thing. Stranded out in the jungle they come across a temple and this is where our animation begins. 

The character I decided to design was the male lead in the story and here he is...

[insert picture here]

After presenting out ideas to our peers, I kept getting lots of comments about my character looking like Flynn Rider from Tangled. After that the more I looked at him the more that frustrated me because I couldn't unsee it and for me, there was a loss of originality. Another comment that was made was about Adam's idea to have bird characters being quite an interesting route to take and we were given some suggestions in terms of research revolving around that idea. After this we went away and thought again about our characters and we all agreed that the humans just didn't have that edge and decided to return to the bird idea because it got a better reception and would be more fun and challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment