Tuesday 2 October 2012

What I've done over the Summer


In honesty, I haven’t really done much productive stuff over the Summer Holidays due to family affairs.
BUT…
After sometime things eventually started to cool off and I managed to squeeze in some doodling time.

This is one of my old— in fact probably my very first OC (original character) called Setrian a.k.a Syon. He is a very handsome young prince who enjoys breaking the rules. He’s very cheeky and has quite the fowl mouth on him for royalty. I haven’t developed his story in quite some years now but, in a nutshell, he lost his parents and the kingdom at a young age and worked as a mercenary for some time before finding a new home at an academy. This academy basically brings together people like himself and opens new doors and opportunities to help start a new chapter in their lives. Since coming to the academy lots of different events took place. He made new friends as well as enemies, he’s fallen in love and is now a father and the list goes on. 
Man this is harder than I thought! But you kinda get the gist of things. Now down to the more technical elements~
My drawing style is quite unrefined and all over the place. I'm still trying to find a style that I'm happy with and reflects ‘me’. I've been out of practice with drawing for quite some time now and college concept art based work is really been a struggle for me because of this. I am still trying to get back into it and hopefully I'll be able to spit out some good work in the future. 

My strengths seem to be pointing to traditional methods from pencil and paper to the use of pro markers and copics. I do have a wacom tablet but I can;t say I've produced any nice pictures with it yet. I also need to explore a little more with different software to find something I'm comfortable with. At the moment Paint tool SAI seems to be my preferred program.

Overall just need to keep at it in order to improve. As they say, practice makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment