Thursday 25 October 2012

Opportunities


image
So for part of my course it's now compulsory to go to a festival inrelation to what we do. I really like the idea that they're giving us a push to explore and take part in festivals that celebrate game, film and animation ut the problem for me is just money. Most of the big festivals I know of are abroad and I can't afford to do that and I found that looking for something on the same level but within the UK kinda difficult. There is an anual comic convention in Leeds but personally I don't think that it fully meets the brief so to speak. I can see potential in the fact that I can get feedback at the convention and even networking opportunities but I guess i'm craving for more than that. 
So prior to that a friend kindly forwarded the Animex festival in Teeside at the University. I'm really interested in going because I have the feeling the lineup for the game section of the festival will be really good after looking at some of the workshops they have early on. There are people with really good backgrounds from working with companies like Disney, Dreamworks, Pixar, Valve, Spicy Horse anda whole range of other things. Ken Wong who is the art director for Alice Madness Returns is doing a workshop and his work is amazing! There's also some other cool work shops that really be useful like storyboarding and storytelling. 
All in all I really hope I can make it to the Animex Game festival but the tickets are very limited so there's gong to be a huge burst of people buying them at the same time when they're officially released because the festival isn't until next February.

No comments:

Post a Comment