Tuesday 16 October 2012

Wind Waker Inspirations

Being a big Zelda fan the pure mention of a bird tribe made me think of the Rito from Zelda Windwaker and by looking at my character you can tell a lot of her design was inspired by this. I really love the way that they incorporated the use of wings and sleeves which is why I want to experiment with different kinds of clothing that could help resemble some of her features.


The toony style of Windwaker is something I believe we're aiming for as well so I'd also like to explore light, bold colours  together with a simple design. The toon shader effect is also something I'd like to try out for our environment because it might help amplify and enhance that graphic style we're after as a group. I think we'll have to experiment with textures a little but. We have decided we want to hand make all our textures with Photoshop but the level of detail we go into might differ depending on how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment