Wednesday 10 April 2013

Apofiss


Apofiss is a deviant artist that my sister showed me and I really love his work.  There are so many pieces of his work that I love so I found it pretty hard to choose so I just picked out some nice environment stuff because it's more relevant to my course. I tried to pick ones that have different colour schemes on them because one of the things I love most about Apofiss' work is his amazing understanding of colour theory. By picking two different works that are based in different colour spectrums it's easier to show his skill with colour.





















The image on the left is called "Blue Forest" and the one on the right is called "Light Flow". They were both speed painting which were done with a combination of Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai, both of which I'm familiar with. Maybe in my own time I'd like to have a go using the combination of the two programs because I've seen a lot of great artists using this combination in particular now. There are different features and tools that are exclusive to certain software but, some programs are also better at doing things than others. For me, I find Sai is better for doing the line art and photoshop is better for brushes and colouring.

Back to the pictures...

I really love line-less art. I think it has a better sense of realism and the colours just blend and flow into one another. Line-less art is purely dependant on the artists understanding of light and shadows because this is how you give objects outline without using a big fat black line. The highlights on both of them are really nice especially on the trees and the bubbles and obviously the beautiful rays of light on "Light Flow". The rays on "Light Flow" are so soft and feel warm and the particles really complete the whole vibe you get from the picture. It's very welcoming and refreshing to look at and the red colours and hints of glowing make it feel even more warm.

Overall Apofiss' work is so inspirational and demonstrates so much skill. I recommend looking through his deviantart gallery for all those aspiring concept artists and illustrators. Here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment