Thursday 28 February 2013

UV mapping for Daryl


As well as Adam, I also collaborated with Daryl and ended up doing UV mapping again in return, he did my rig for my Alien and in surprise the fact my alien was a quadruped didn't cause any difficulties as far as I'm aware. Again, if you're interested to see Daryl's work, you can find it by following this link.. http://darylssketchbook.blogspot.co.uk/

I did the UV mapping for both his spaceship and his alien and not going to lie, they were pretty difficult and ended up being very.... chopped up. This was mostly down to not-so-great topology which led me to separate a lot of body parts and also have to alter the model itself in terms of adding new edges to make things easier to cut and unwrap. Daryl's model's were very blocky which makes things easier for UV mapping but he had a lot of holes and also extra faces which were hidden making it hard to work on.

All in all though, I managed to work with what I had and got it done and like Adam, he also seemed happy with the work I had done for him. From what I could see with the finished models, the texturing came out really well so with that in mind I think I did a good job.


No comments:

Post a Comment