Wednesday 2 October 2013

Experiments for Colour Correction

There's so many different ways in which you can do colour correcting so I experimented with a couple of different options.

The easiest option I found was the 'tint' because it's very quick and simple. You pick the darkest area and the lightest area of your scene and those colours are then applied to your actor. I experimented  with the percentage which, determines how strong the tint would be but, settled with 30%. I think the beauty of the tint option is that it is very subtle but, still manages to blend the actor into the scene, making them belong.

I also had a go at using 'curves' in which you can move and add points onto a curve which alters the light and dark on the actor. I found this useful but it was a bit too temperamental for me personally. I found it hard to get a good balance of whites and blacks. For it to have benefited I think I would have had to add a hue and saturation effect to get the desired colours to help the actor fit within the scene.


In the end I decided to stick to the 'tint' because, it allowed me to add a little purple/pink into his skin colour which, was vital as the purple was very dominant in the lighting of my scene in Maya. I also used the brightness and contrast effect to darken him a little but still allow some subtle highlights because my scene is very dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment