Thursday 3 October 2013

The 'Wiggler' effect

This effect is one of the main things that I think brings my footage to life. My initial idea was to have my heavy and oversized alien draw closer to the actor as time passes. I wanted to create an earthquake type effect as the alien stepped closer and I wanted it to grow in magnitude. The wiggler effect basically allowed me to do this.

I used 3 key frames so I could get the desired impact but then achieve a slightly faded out effect rather than come to a sudden stop. This made it look more believable and more fluent.


Overall, I think this effect really adds to my work and has successfully allowed me to stay true to my initial idea. It definitely delivers the idea of my alien being very heavy and possibly large in size to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment