Thursday 10 October 2013

The Zooming Out Effect

The purpose of this shot was to establish the environment and show off the UFO interior. I created the zooming out effect by scaling both the background and actor. This however, was very tedious as it was difficult to achieve a good balance of scaling between the two. I came across problems with the speed of the effect because I hid the clipping out of the actor and scaled it in a way that hides the lower half of his body. After a slow and gradual start there was a sudden rush in the zoom out that looked so unnatural and I spent quite some time attempting to fix it. It was just a case of experimenting with the scaling until I found a more fluent motion. I do believe I managed to achieve this and am quite happy with the final outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment