Tuesday 29 April 2014

New Trees!

Due to the big change in aesthetics, I've decided to model some low poly bobble trees fro my environment. These are just some examples of models that I took inspiration from. I really like the set on the right because they have an origami-look about them and I think that papery aesthetic would very much suit my textiles aesthetic. I'm also really drawn to the simplicity and how such basic modelling can still get the message across about what it is suppose to be.



Now this screenshot shows the models that I created. As you can see I tried to mimic that low poly look and I think I did quite a good job of it~ There are 3 different tree models and the first and second are obviously just slightly different versions of each other. One is perfectly round and the other is a bit more crumpled. I'm planning to get rid of one but at this moment in time I'm not sure which one.


I have quite a few inspirations in terms of how I would like my trees to be textured, some of which are games I have previously mentioned.


In Yoshi's Story, they use very rounded shapes and a really nice patchwork effect in the environment including the trees. I think the bobble tree style would really benefit from a patchwork design so this is something I'm definitely leaning towards using. 


Here we have the different trees from Animal Crossing. Now, what I really like about these trees are their simplicity and the trunk designs. I much prefer the spiral design but the speckles are equally as appealing. I would really like to experiment with different trunk types again just to add a bit of variation between the different types of trees and to add a bit more interest and colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment