Saturday 26 April 2014

UV Mapping

Although I had done some UV Mapping for some early test models I did, because I didn't continue doing the process frequently I started to forget how to do it again. After some bad attempts at UV Mapping and a few confusing results due to my non logical approach to it, I soon got back into it but in turn I wasted a lot of time as well as my concept artist's time. Lesson learned here is to refresh in all the necessary processes instead of expecting it to come back to me and for things to run smoothly.

I found that working with my concept artist for texturing surprisingly difficult because I totally forgot that I have to explain how UV Mapping works in order for her to understand what and where to apply colour. Explaining the process of UV Mapping was actually quite difficult for me despite my good communication skills so I decided to provide visuals in the form of labels.


No comments:

Post a Comment