Sunday 27 April 2014

Winter Island

So I decided quite some time ago that I was going to be creating an island upon which the seasonal Gods live. This has now changed to a specific season, Winter. I previously posted a small thumbnail picture of the layout for this island which I have now modelled and textured.


Here we have the basic model. For UV mapping and texturing purposed I split the island up into two different sections, the island base and the cliff.

My concept artist created quite a few different versions of texturing as shown below. The one that was chosen was the top left.
















At first, things went wrong with the texturing because I had flipped the UV Map therefore parts of the texture disappeared because the shape didn't match up.









It took me a while to realise this but after messing around and making lots of mistakes, I eventually got the island textured properly. There were some changes that were made after seeing the textured island such as adding bits of snow around the edges.








After adding the snow in all the necessary places, this is the finished model.


As you can see I have added the ice lake by just selecting some vertices and lowering the middle of the island. I then put a plane over the top which is then textured accordingly.













These are the textures used for the models. On the left is the cliff texture and the right is the lake texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment