Wednesday 14 November 2012

UV Mapping = Therapeutic

So after volunteering to do UV mapping for the group project I've found myself really enjoying it. The first time we were introduced to UV mapping I found it unbelievably hard but after doing it now I don't understand how that was so. I find myself really getting immersed into it and I won't leave it until it's done and I can do it a lot faster than I first anticipated too.



I had a lot of fun unwrapping this character because the clothes and body are all one piece of geometry so there was a lot of problem solving that had to be done.

I tried to arrange it in a logical order but when I handed it over to Adam he rearranged a few things because textures were getting stretched and such because the UV shells for some parts of the character weren't big enough. This is something I will definitely keep in mind for the next character.

No comments:

Post a Comment