Thursday 10 January 2013

All Things Feline

My initial idea for this invasion project was to reference creatures/animals and my first thought was cats. The idea for cats was inspired by Studio Ghibli's The Cat Returns because they pursue an idea in which cats walk and talk like humans and have their own world. To get all my ideas onto paper I decided to jot down a lot of notes and produced mood boards based on some of those things and this is what I got.


This first mood board is based on real life animals and I had some ideas of the kind of shapes and features that I possibly wanted to reference in my design. These features revolve around functions so what I might consider doing is giving the alien a purpose and/or role to define the features it may or may not have. For example, The snow lynx has huge paws to better support itself in the snow and enhance it's movement.


My second mood board covers all things animated and wonderful still following the general feline being that i'm aiming for. A lot of the things i've circled on this mood board are focusing more on the design aspects such as different shapes sizes, ear and tail designs. I seem to have taken a liking to the quirky proportions such as the long slender legs and this would also take me away from more furry creatures because I have a feeling this will be problematic if I decide to model digitally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment