Tuesday 22 January 2013

Urbance by Steambot Studios



Came across this thanks to my sister. This is basically a new Canadian TV series that's being released by Steambot Studios and I found the overall animation and graphic style very intriguing. From first glance, the vibrancy, bold and sharp shapes reminded me of Jet Set Radio. Not to mention to funky music~

It's set in the city and based around gang confrontations due to a split between the genders because sex is no longer allowed due to some deadly virus. The main characters form a couple and break the rules in order to live out their love for one another and ultimately fight to restore peace to the city. 

I find this concept for this animation pretty really interesting, It's pretty adventurous in terms of storyline and unheard of to me so possibly never been done before? So when it's released, I'll have to have a little nosey because it's pretty intriguing and the graphic style is very striking~

No comments:

Post a Comment