Thursday 10 January 2013

Power to the Pixels

Power to the Pixels was an exhibition of my course's work which obviously included my own. This was our very first exhibition and was taken very seriously in terms of showcasing our work and putting our course, Digital Film , Games and Animation on the map. So this was a great opportunity to show what we do as a course and to help build some awareness for other generations. 

The exhibition was held at a place called Map Gallery down at Mabgate. Despite being based in town I think the location could have been better because, it was really difficult to find even for myself, and as a host, that wasn't a very good sign. The space we had was adequate though. We defiantly made the most of the space by using the projectors which, I think was important because most of our work was digitally based anyway. I do think that we could have set things up better in terms of sound though because the videos that were on loop were very over powering and obnoxiously loud at times.

The concept art we had on display was nicely arranged but it was a shame about the mounting though because the images started to crumple and crease. I don't think this looked very professional in terms of showcasing work to the guests. 

I volunteered to look after the food and drinks and serve guests but, I was a bit surprised to find that the money that we all contributed towards was spent on booze more than anything. It defiantly gave a student-like-feel and in some ways made the atmosphere more relaxed and casual but, I think that might have taken away from our work a little bit. I think personally I'd have preferred proper food and not little picky stuff and to have a better variety of drinks but, I think that might be my passion for food kicking in.

I think if we were to do another exhibition I'd want a space that's more accessible and closer to the heart of town because I think we'd get a more varied audience and better reception that way. I also think that we need to consider more creative ways of showcasing our work because as a digital course I think it's important to make use of our equipment and maybe consider interactivity with our work. I would also like to be able to cook food next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment