Wednesday 30 January 2013

Final Alien Design

My last idea that I've chosen to be my final design is my rock based cat. Other than exploring various materials, I thought a stone golem would be good reference as far as the design aspect goes so I immediately turned to Shadow of the Colossus. This would also give me a good reference for size, maybe not too much on the colossal side but definitely big.














This is my final design for my alien which Adam kindly did for me. Inspired by shadow of the colossus and based on my idea of having a creature created through natural materials. Really loving the design overall, think it'd have a great silhouette from looking at all the shapes it's made out of and the movement for it.. well I think a complicated rig isn't really necessary because I'd imagine it's movement to be quite slow and slightly robotic and stiff. As for the texturing, I'd obviously have a light stone texture for the model but as seen in the concept art, I think I'm going to use the idea of highlights around the edges. Although Adam has only done this for the sake of showing off detail I think it looks really nice the way it is. I will experiment with colour, definitely towards the earth pallet but otherwise I'm happy with how it looks already.

No comments:

Post a Comment