Thursday 22 November 2012

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

This is an old game I had for the PS2 and I thought because of the graphics style and the setting in Egypt that it would serve as a nice reference for colours and such for the environment.













I really like the idea of using different tones of the same colour for the brick work or the flooring. I think it add that little bit more interest instead of using just one flat colour. I think this is something we should follow up for sure because our texturing isn't really going to be detailed at all but it still needs to be attractive. The majority of the world in this game is all within the brown colour palette and despite how boring it sounds it works because of the environment it's set in. I think we'll be quite heavy with the neutral brown colours but we did want a really fresh vibrant environment for the outside and we wanted to dot foliage around the temple as well just to help break up the browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment