Saturday 24 November 2012

Problem Solving

So this is the UV map I did for the next character which I designed. From last time I learnt that I needed to make the UV shells on the texture editor a little bigger especially for things like the face, so that's what I did.



Again I really got stuck into this and enjoyed working around all the little nips and blips you come across. I got a little confused with the overlapping vertex points during the unfolding process for this but it's just a case of moving them around and finding out where the belong; following the lines to see what's connected to what and positioning them according to that. I did eventually come across something that I didn't know how to go about because the unwrapping shouldn't have been behaving like that. Even my tutor was stumped by it so it was just a matter of working around that. Because of little problems like that though, I thought the UV map looked quite messy this time around. I arranged everything again in a logical order but because of the problems there were a lot more individual pieces than I would have liked and it might come across as quite confusing when I hand it over to Adam. I explained everything and he said how it's arranged doesn't really matter as long as WE understand it but in industry I think that would be bad practice because the communication we had a group might not necessarily be there in a work environment.

Once again, very happy with my work and I've noticed that the more I do UV mapping the faster I'm getting and better I'm getting at spotting both problems and solutions. can't wait to see the textures being applied to this model in particular. Nothing beats seeing your creations come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment