Wednesday 17 April 2013

Bit Trip Beat



As part of my research I've been trying to find a way so make a link between responsive audio and other kinds of media. For gaming, I found lots of different ways in which audio reaction is incorporated into gameplay and this is one of them. Let me introduce you to Bit Trip Beat. The structure of this game  is very much based on responsive audio because by deflecting the objects, sounds are created on impact resulting in a song. Some of the visuals also replicate the audio spectrum which is quite interesting. This game displays a really simple yet effective way of combining both music, gameplay and visuals. The visuals of course, match the kind of sound effects/music which is created when you go through the level. The gameplay and visuals also remind me of the famous Pong, but generated for single player mode.

I'm really glad that I remembered this game because I think with this kind of gameplay that I can establish a link for the transmedia section of my current brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment