Tuesday 23 April 2013

Final Idea

On Friday we had a final crit, in which we were split into groups and presented our work to each other. We usually present to the class but, I think the small groups really helped because, you get more of a in-depth conversation, which really helps develop your idea in terms of suggestions.

During my presentation, I didn't get as much feedback as I would have liked but I thin that was my fault. I didn't really have much to present in terms of my idea because I was really unsure which direction to take, making it very confusing for my peers to understand. When I realised that it was getting a bit confusing for people I just narrowed it down to two ideas, characters or levels in which I would compose for. Conversation got rolling and I got some helpful feedback that helped me choose the final idea I'm going to go for, which is composing character theme tunes. I chose this based on people saying that character design is one of my strengths and that I should play to it and they also said it's a more sensible project in terms of time.

A valuable lesson to take from this is to be more organised with what i'm going to present to avoid confusion and if in doubt, ask questions.

---------------------------------------

What to do now?

The first thing I need to do is very quickly come up with a story and character design which I then can compose for. I want to take credit for the design aspects and such so I will do all of this on my own but I don't want the final concept art of my character to be done by me. Prior to this, I have briefly spoken to Sophie and she's kindly agreed to do the concept art for me. Concept art isn't really my thing so, I think it's only fair to give that out to someone who's interested in that so they have something else to put towards a portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment