Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Mentor

Prior to doing my character sheet I did a little more research into the mentor archetype. At first I wasn't really sure what archetype would suit the rough outline I had already made for my character but, I think the traits he has do fit the role of a mentor. So, I found quite an interesting blog that give nice snippets of information along with existing characters that fall into the different profiles. I found this quite helpful with trying to build a more in-depth piece of writing for my character sheet because I had examples to work with. 

With my character, I tried to stray away from both perfection and stereotypes with the archetype by giving him interesting and contradicting flaws in relation to the role he is suppose to fulfill as a mentor. I think a important part of creating characters is to make them imperfect and to give them relatable traits so audiences can feel an instant connection with a certain character. Within a story this is vital because the characters drive the story giving both light and shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment