Tuesday 16 April 2013

Responsive Proposal

This is the brief that I've long been waiting for but now it's come around I'm a little stumped as to what I want to focus on. I have however over the last few modules developed an interest in working with sound and haven't had a great opportunity to explore that during this course so far. Some of my ideas include a combination of areas that I am interested in which include character design and VFX.

Here are the ideas I have considered:

  • Lip syncing -Character design/Voice acting (Collaboration)
  • Audiovisuals -VFX/Sound/Coding
  • Navigate a level through sound - Level Design/Sound effects (Collaboration)
  • Music Video - Film/Sound/VFX (Collaboration)
  • Typography -VFX/Sound
  • Re-make a score for moving picture -Sound/Editing
  • Character Design collaboration with Fashion -Photography/Character design
The idea that I have decided to go with is the audiovisuals idea, because I believe as an individual, I could learn a lot more about sound engineering through this project. It also doesn't require much, if any outside help in terms of collaboration so I could focus on the entirety of the project a little more. Considering I've never worked with sound in this way before I think that more personal involvement is fundamental. This is not to say that I will not work with other people. I do plan on working with others on top of doing my own personal project. I have already asked and been asked by some of my peers to have a go at designing sound effects and possibly music for various games levels. With these sound effects, I will reuse them for my own project so I can test the visuals and programming along with my own sounds.

So, all in all this is a break down of what I will be doing:
  • Research into Sound Engineering and Audiovisuals
  • Creating my own set of sound effects and samples of music
  • Learn about coding in relation to Audiovisuals
  • Improving and learning VFX skills

No comments:

Post a Comment