Wednesday 1 May 2013

Sound Engineering and VFX

Recently had a group tutorial a few weeks back where we all got together in small groups to discuss where we're heading and things to consider in terms of work and our third year of college. There were several questions that were asked that really got me thinking about what direction I want to take and to think seriously about what I want in terms of working within the industry.

At this moment in time I'm not sure what I would give myself in terms of a title or summary of skills but I am at a stage where I can recognise my key interests which are Sound engineering, UV mapping and VFX.

Despite the fact I haven't done much VFX work I am interesting in learning After Effects on a more professional level and producing title sequences and maybe motion graphics.

For sound I've yet to do a project that gives me a good opportunity to work with sound and with the upcoming responsive brief, I plan to do just that.

Also in terms of work I don't like the idea of freelancing because, for the kind of life I want to lead, I want a reliable and regular source of income and freelancing is very touch and go. I also don't see myself working as an individual. I'm very much a team member and like a sense of direction and control that would come from up high in a company. I'm also a fast learner and good at taking instruction which fits the outline of working for a company. Because of this, I'd sell myself as a team member and not an individual and talk about what benefits I would bring to a company if they considered hiring me. Despite the fact I prefer working as a team I would still highlight that I am able to work autonomously.

Overall, the group discussion really helped bring certain qualities I have to my attention and how I can go about using those skills to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment