Wednesday 22 May 2013

Audiosurf


Audio Surf is another game that demonstrates music that informs gameplay. It's a "music-adapting puzzle racer" where your own music library determines the level. The format is very similar to games like Guitar Hero where you collect coloured blocks that are triggered by the beats of the song. You collect them to rack up a high score and your music influences the speed of the level or highway.



These kind of interactive music games could be something I could cover in my dissertation next year so doing some research about them and seeing what's out there could be beneficial. I'm unsure if this is a solid area of interest yet but there are so many other things that I need to look into. I am intrigued about how they achieve the synchronization because it always seems to perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment