Thursday 23 May 2013

Learning Journey Thoughts


So I've recently put together A learning Journey presentation and despite that it's pretty much a load of bullets points I found it really hard to think of prompts. The questions run quite deep and really get you to think about who and what you are as a creative practitioner and I guess I found it difficult because I don't feel i'm at a stage where I know for sure.

At this moment in time I'm unsure what to brand myself but I can recognise my skills and areas of interest which for me is a gods send because I have a clear route I can take. I think as a student I feel lost in a sense that everyone around me has a better idea of what they want and i'm still very unsure and it makes me feel quite unsettled. For most of my course it's been more of a journey of discovery and even now i'm still trying things out and trying to find an identity.

For a portfolio and showreel I don't feel I have anything that really represents me well as a creative practitioner therefore haven't put anything together. I think that it's really important for my work to show my interest and to reflect me as a person and i'm hoping to build up a body of work that fits those categories next year.

For improvements I feel there's a lot I could do to further help me with my college work. Basic things such as reading and writing would make so much of a difference because I find it really hard to do. I think for blogging I'm going to strongly consider doing vlogs next year because i'm a much better talker than I am a writer but at the same time I'm never going to be able to improve by avoiding the problem. Going toto more creative skills I really want to get more involved with the world of sound starting with research into software and terminology.

Overall I think i've still got a long way to go but I really am hoping to find my feet next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment