Thursday 16 May 2013

Nier

After getting some feedback from the group tutorials, I was given a suggestion to create different versions of the same song to fit different scenes within the characters story. This is also something that came to mind when trying to inform my music using Joseph Campbell's Monomyth. However, this is something I found hard to apply to the theme I have already created because just using samples alone it would be hard to achieve a different emotion because I'm stuck in the same key and I found it difficult enough to achieve what I wanted due to the limitations of using pre-made audio. So, what I'm hoping to do is apply this to my work in the following year because I hope to create my own audio samples.

These tracks are some of my favourites from the Nier OST and they demonstrate how you can create different arrangements of the same song. They are obviously used in different stages of the story following two characters who are sisters. They both have different versions of the song of ancients in which they sing separately and then together. The song is definitely what I would class as their themes because it is, as mentioned previously, a re-occurring tune that plays at different stages of the game following the two characters.







No comments:

Post a Comment