Thursday 23 May 2013

Eternal Sonata OST

I absolutely love this game and it deserves another replay. Again back to another title that my favourite composer has worked on. I adore the original sound tracks for this game. They're so emotional and moving~ This track is one of my favourites because there's a really noticeable journey it takes you on. It starts slow with some beautiful vocals and builds up into quite a dramatic piece. Every now and then it will drop out to a piano solo and those are my favourite parts. If you are familiar with Motoi Sakuraba's work you will notice that this OST in particular shares some similarities to that of Baten Kaitos.

As an aspiring sound designer, I'd really like to reach this kind of standard one day. I love the emotional journey that Sakuraba takes you on through all of his music and he is definitely one of my key inspirations.

Among the music composed for the game the story actually revolves around the musician Frederic Chopin so his music is also frequently played throughout the game. I really enjoy Chopin's music because i'm a big fan of the piano. I think classical music is something that should be more appreciated and I commend this game for creating a concept around such an inspirational musician. Lang Lang is another musician that I like that has the utmost appreciation for Chopin's music and brings it back to life in his own renditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment