Wednesday 15 May 2013

Tales of Symphonia

Despite the fact I love this game as an entirety, for this post i'm going to be focussing on the character theme tunes.



Presea's theme tune tells a beautiful yet sad story which is the kind of thing I'm aiming for when I put together my own character theme. Presea's song is very soothing yet has very sad undertones to it. The song takes you on an emotional journey reflecting that of her own. The instruments used are beautifully arranged and harp carries a sense of beauty, sorrow and innocence which fits her character perfectly. The majority of the different elements that have been put into this tune are the kind of things that I want to aim for myself.

For my own theme tune I really want to take the audience on an emotional journey with hints of mystery and magic. All these elements suit both my character and the world in which he's grown up in a well as his own abilities and qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment