Wednesday 21 May 2014

Customer Services

I have recently sent off an application for a Customer Services & Sales assistant position. I've always been interested in Customer Services because I'm aware that the key skills needed for this role no matter the department be it, marketing or retail, is communication. Now I have sound communication skills and I'm very good at talking face-to-face as well as on the phone making me suitable to fulfil this kind of role.

Building and keeping good relationships with customers as well as staff and doing a bit of problem solving here and there sounds like my kind of thing. I also think I would benefit a lot from a role such as this one because I believe there are many valuable transferable skills to be learned on the way from dealing with the public, clients and even fellow departments and I think if I was successful, whether I stay in Customer Services or not that It would be important skills that would help benefit any career path and subsequent roles.

I am a very good listener making the problem solving role quite natural for me as I seem to take on other people's problems and 'mother' them regardless. I think I would feel a lot of satisfaction in a job that involves helping others too as I am a very giving person and if there is anything I can do to help I will do it.

I'm quite pleased and even more intrigued about getting into Customer Services and I think I will carry on applying for these kind of positions.

My train of thought does seem very all over the place at the moment but I think it's clear that I have distinguished my core set of skills and although there are a lot of jobs that benefit from it, Customer Service is probably more communication and relationship based than others making it ideal. I believe there is a lot of room for progression and growth in this sector as well and the pay is very generous from what I've seen.

More than anything I think it's important for me to keep my options open but to be aiming for jobs that suit me as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment