Thursday 15 May 2014

Searching For Jobs

I think it goes without saying that I have a pitiful web presence and that it is something that definitely needs addressing. The situation is a little different for me as I'm no longer striving to work within the media industry so networking doesn't necessarily work in the same manner. I do however need to build up a web presence in terms of uploading my CV to various sites and allowing companies to view my profile publicly in a hope to gain some interest and possibly be approached by with a job offer. This of course is a lot easier if you are an experienced worker with lots of history in terms of businesses you've worked for and different roles you have successfully executed. But, never the less, I must start to build up some online profiles using well known job sites so I can revisit them in the future if needed and update them as I go along.

So far I have a profile with quite a lot of websites as it is also mandatory in order to fill out applications for the kind of businesses I am looking into.

These are all the websites I'm currently linked up to.

  • Reed.co.uk
  • Fish4.co.uk
  • myleedsjobs.co.uk
  • indeed.co.uk
I actually find that joining these sites has helped a lot as they constantly send emails with suggestions on where to look next or even other possible routes to take such as further education and online courses in relations to whatever jobs your are interested in to better your chances and use your time effectively. I am hoping that this will continue as it offers some motivation and drive to keep looking and use spare time productively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment