Monday 5 May 2014

Personality Tests

I decided to do some personality tests just to better know myself as an individual and for a bit of fun.

I took a few different tests supplied by different websites and companies just to have a look and compare the results of each to see if there are any similarities and strong traits that give me a better understanding of what jobs would be suitable for me.

The first test I took was on http://www.careertest.net/ which uses a typology based theory created by Carl Jung of which I've done some research on regarding character archetypes. This already seemed quite intriguing.

The test is based on a set of 4 paired preferences (as shown below) that describe what kind of person you are and from this, what job are better suited for you.
  • Extraverted or Introverted
  • Sensing or iNtuitive
  • Thinking of Feeling
  • Judging or Perceiving
These are my results below..


As you can see, the results from my test is ENFP which by using the paired preferences above means...
  • Extraverted
  • iNtuitive
  • Feeling 
  • Perceiving
And you can see the percentages of these via the image above to see what traits are very strong and which ones are evenly spread.

Just to check the accuracy of this test and it's results I tried a different type theory test via http://www.humanmetrics.com/ and to my surprise despite the differences in questions I still got the same result as you can see below.


I think these results coincide very well with the kind of jobs I'm interested in which I posted recently. I'm definitely very sociable individual with high levels of initiative and understanding of people. I think this makes any public based jobs well suited for me whether it be teaching or mentoring or even counselling. I also believe that I would work very well in a team.  

Now the next test I did was via http://www.bbc.co.uk/

This tests results are a little more in-depth in a sense that it tells me what kind of jobs do and don't suit me and why as you can see in the images below. 




I think after doing these tests I know what words better suit to describe me as an individual which will come in handy for writing out my personal profile/statement in a CV. Also I'm quite happy to find that these test confirm what I already knew about myself, namely that I am a peoples person so I feel more confident that I'm heading in the right direction in terms of what jobs would be beneficial for me and how I can better put my personality traits and skills to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment