Wednesday 21 May 2014

Food and Beverage

Food and Beverage is another area of interest for work as the positions I'm most taken by are all team member roles and I really like the idea of a company all working together in order to deliver great customer experience.

A food and beverage assistant is the generic term for basically handling either or both of those things. This obviously covers a great deal of businesses from restaurants to hotels. There are of course many roles within these businesses but the main two that I am looking into are an apprentice/assistant chef and a waitress role.

To be a waiter there are many responsibilities you have to take on such as meeting and greeting customers, seating them, taking orders and delivering food. You are also in charge of making sure each table and food station is presentable as well as being able to deduce if a customer is unhappy and requires assistance. All of this I think comes down to awareness and consideration for your surroundings. I think this job requires a lot of energy and patience as well as team work and morale all of which I believe I can handle.

Being a chef is strangely enough something I have never considered despite the fact I am very much a foody and love cooking and baking. I think the fast paced environment I would be thrown into would take some getting use to as well and the constant variations in heat. All of this makes this job sound very challenging but what is life without a bit of a challenge? I am a fast learner and would be extremely enthusiastic of the thought of refining my cooking skills and knowledge and it would offer the perfect opportunity to demonstrate my taste for food and presentation.

This sector of work does seem to have it's perks but they are very demanding roles but I would never turn down the opportunity to give it a try as again they revolve around some of my key interests.

I have of course applied for such roles working both front and back of house and all I can do is hope to hear something in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment