Sunday 11 May 2014

East Street Arts

East Street Arts is a contemporary arts organisation that were created to help refine and teach a variety of creative subjects to people through events, exhibitions, classes and much more. I was pointed in their direction through the idea of working with the community but still keeping that creativity.

I've had a little nosey at their website regarding volunteer work and of course they are happy to take on anyone but they offer a series of questions which I thought was really useful for me to reflect on before applying.

• Why do you want to volunteer at East Street Arts? How much do you know about the organisation? Have you done your research?
• How will this position help your development? What are your expectations?
• How long do you want to work with us for? Do you want a one off task, to help at a public event or a longer-term involvement?
• Where is your practice going? What area of our work will be more beneficial to you?
• What do you think you can bring to the organisation?

All these questions also really make you think about why it is you're applying and what you want to get out of your experience with them from a more personal point of view. At the moment, I think i'm more interested in helping out with an event of some kind so possibly a one-off task to help me better refine my communication skills acting as a host or guide. In terms of what I believe I could bring to the table, I think that my enthusiasm and that desire to spread my love for the creative arts would definitely give me an edge because it's a meaningful and heartfelt reason to want to participate as well as my own personal reasons to better my skills and start communicating to different audiences and ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment