Thursday 22 May 2014

Personal Projects?

I have been thinking about what kind of projects I would do on the side just to keep my creative flare going and I just thought that maybe I might revisit music orientated stuff. Towards the back end of my second year I showed a lot of interest in sound engineering and when I have the freedom to go out and do my own stuff I thought that maybe it might be worth looking into again. Music producing and creating sound effects aside, I was actually really drawn to visual effects and creating things that respond to sound through the use of After Effects. It does however require certain plug-in materials but it might be worth investing in as might some of the programs I will lose after my student years are behind me.

I also wouldn't mind trying to brush up on my modelling skills and finally give some time to myself to learn how to model characters as I have a bunch of possible collaborations I could do if I learned such a skill. If I ever got into this I might also take it that step further and re-learn rigging as it was probably the only process in college that I never truly understood and got a grasp for. This could then go onto basic animations such as walk cycles and such or again more opportunities to collaborate maybe even with my peers at a later point in life. Through my own sources and also through college I have many valuable contacts that I could possibly get in touch with and start some projects for fun. I think I would really enjoy working on projects like the above as I have the means to do it and i think it would be a shame to give up everything I learned. Just because I don't want to do it as a job doesn't mean I don't want to continue learning and improving my skills for my own personal reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment